Sunday, March 3, 2013

Black Men and Public Space



In the stories they speak of topics of violence, crime, poverty, and racism in different ways in the public eye.  In the article they talk about racism of African Americans in the media and in the economic and social viewpoint.  They talk about how dark skinned blacks get treated worse than light skinned blacks, and I definitely agree.  In today's tv shows especially, you notice the darker the skin the more trouble you are, weather you're a boy or girl.  Ive ever experienced a racist statement to me but me being a teenage girl, I get treated way differently than a middle aged woman, let alone an elderly woman.  I think things like this happen just because of the way society changes,  I know for a fact the younger we are the more accepting we are.  Older people ( grandmas, and grandpas ) tend to stick to tradition, where they are more crotchety and only know what they grew up with unlike us teens today who grew up with all different races.  Until all the old people die, I think it will continue to happen.  They want what they have always had, and don't like change.  

No comments:

Post a Comment