Friday, April 19, 2013

Familiar Strangers


I have definitely been stereotyped and have stereotyped others. I get called a dumb blonde a lot; I might not be the street smartest but I am book smart!  Being a young adult I get called naive and immature but all older teens act differently.  There's for sure stereotypes about girls, that they're cry baby's, or suck at sports, or are weak.  People up north call me ghetto for living in a city but they live in the country,it's just a different experience.  People call me trashy and poor for shopping at goodwill, but in all reality I have probably double the clothes because it saves me so much money.  People would never picture me listening to rap or hip hop but that's the music I like, people think I'm a country girl. 











I know I've looked at people and automatically judged them based on what they were wearing, what their hair looked like, or how they talked.  It is a bad thing to do, but a lot of people are judgmental and it just comes naturally to humans.  I think it effects us in a way it shouldn't.  You shouldn't look at someone and automatically think something, especially for as much as people say everyone's the same and equality and all that stuff, no people are different! You can't judge someone before you even know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment